It was an honour to be interviewed on the Brand New You Podcast, hosted by Ryan Rhoten.
In this podcast interview Ryan asks me about the essential steps to make a successful career transition, as covered in my bestselling book, Navigating Career Crossroads. [Second Edition now available – release date May 2020]
Ryan asks about the importance of building self-confidence and a positive mindset, what it takes to gain career clarity and the 7 essential steps professionals must take to make a successful career change:
- Building your confidence, resilience and self reliance by managing the stress of transition
- Assessing what really makes you tick through a series of self-assessment exercises
- Creating a powerful communication strategy including resumes and cover letters
- Managing your personal brand and professional image on LinkedIn and in person
- Leveraging all of the most effective job search strategies including how to network
- Preparing for every type of interview and how to answer behavioural questions
- Negotiating the best outcome for a win-win for both parties and on boarding smoothly into your new role.
To listen, click here and take control of your career for a Brand New You!