POLISH YOUR PROFESSIONAL IMAGE
So often clients ask me what they should wear to an interview. There is no hard and fast rule; it depends on the role you hope to secure, the organisation’s culture and the image it’s employees should project to the public. Do your research before you turn up in your twin set and pearls, funky lace up boots or three piece suit. For men, tie or no tie? For women, skirt or pants? There are many choices to make!
The key is to understand your audience and the position, then take pains to dress appropriately so that, from first impressions, it looks like you would be a good fit. You only have one chance to make that first impression! Remember to consider all aspects of your image, it’s not just the visual that creates an impact.
You must understand your HIDDEN IMAGE, your ASSUMED IMAGE, your VISUAL IMAGE, your EXPERIENCED IMAGE and your PROVEN IMAGE over time. Find out about my Polish Your Professional Image workshop
Seven Steps to Looking Good and Feeling Great in Any Situation:
1. Flattering Styles and Colours for your body shape, age, colouring and personality. Styles that reflect 2010 or a classic style.
2. Appropriate dress (including lengths and necklines), make-up, hair and behaviour for your age, the occasion, the location and the people present.
3. Know the Image you want to project. What impression or words do you want others to use when they think, speak about you? What do you have to do to reach your goal for this meeting?
4. Great Grooming. Clean hair and clothes, clothes in good repair, flattering make-up and hairstyle.
5. Positive Body Language. Facial expressions and eye contact – warm and friendly. Confident posture and movements.
6. Engaging Personality. Genuinely interested in others (actively listen), warm, friendly, respectful, caring, positive and enthusiastic.